TWIC has been actively involved in developing and implementing projects in
- Industrial effluent management, and recycling in the Sectors of Common Effluent Treatment Plants (CETPs)
- Zero Liquid Discharge Systems
- Marine Disposal with a main focus on Water recovery
- By-product recovery from wastewater- salts, chemicals, nutrients, fertilizers.
TWIC has developed Unique Technologies such as Brine Reuse Technology for the following sectors.
- Textile Dyeing Industries
- Pulp & Paper Industries with the recovery of Sodium sulphate
- Agrochemicals Industries with the recovery of Sodium sulphate.
IETP, CETP & ZLD PROJECTS
Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) is the toughest regulation that can be implemented in polluting industries, wherein, not a drop of wastewater can be discharged and complete recycling of the Wastewater is done. TWIC has been a pioneer in the implementation of Zero Liquid Discharge Systems as a Project developer and Consultant for over 14 Common Effluent Treatment Plants (CETPs) in the Textile and Tannery sector operating in Tamil Nadu.
Of this, 10 Textile CETPs have been developed by TWIC with the capacities ranging from 3 MLD to 11 MLD with a combined capacity of 54.4 MLD and 4 Tannery CETPs with a combined capacity of 10.2 MLD:
- TWIC has developed and established 9 Textile dyeing CETPs with combined capacity of 53 MLD in Tiruppur based on ZLD and have played a key role in revival of the industry in Tiruppur after prolonged closure due to the High Court Orders.
- TWIC has implemented similar CETP projects in the Ambur, Vanniyambadi Tannery belt (3 CETPs) in Tamilnadu and has also worked in Pallavaram-Chennai, which is another Tannery CETP.
- TWIC is also an Independent O&M operator for 7 CETPs for a period of 15 Years.
- TWIC has worked with Ministries / Government Departments in Tamilnadu, Haryana, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan for implementation of CETPs.
- Panipat Textile Cluster – Project Management Consultant (PMC) for Diagnostic study, Preparation of feasibility report and DPR for establishment of ZLD CETP
- Telangana, Medak District – PMC for Preparation of feasibility report and DPR for establishment of CETP at Indrakaran Textile Park.
- Rajasthan, Bithuja – PMA for preparation DPR and implementation supervision for establishment of Common caustic recovery pilot plant
- SIPCOT, Perundurai- Project Management Agency (PMA) for up-gradation and Operation and Maintenance agency of IETP (Textile wastewater)
- TWIC also worked with a large Pulp & Paper mill in South India for implementing and operating a pilot plant to study the techno-economic feasibility for implementing a ZLD system for mill effluent.
- TWIC has also implemented technologies such as the ‘Brine Reuse Technology’ for the Textile industry & Separation of Sodium Sulphate for Pulp and Paper & Crystallisation of Glauber’s salt etc., for further management of Reverse Osmosis Rejects.
- All these projects contain highly complex and state of the art technologies and systems such as:
- Total Biological Oxidation (TBO)
- Tertiary system based on Quartz, Decolourant Resin and Softener resin filters, Salt separation resins.
- Membrane Bio-reactors (MBR)
- Membrane Technologies such as R.O., Nano and Ultra Filtration.
- Mechanical Vapour Recompression type and Multiple Effect type Evaporators.
CETP PROJECTS UNDER INTEGRATED PROCESSING DEVELOPMENT SCHEME (IPDS) OF THE GOI
- Project Management Agency (PMA) for implementation of ZLD based CETPs at Kayadampatti, Sree Bhavani in Erode district
- PMA for implementation of ZLD based CETP with CRMS at Textiles Dyeing Units at Perundurai SIPCOT and Green Environmental Association in Namakkal District.
- PMA for implementation of Textile Processing Park with ZLD based CETP at Textiles Dyeing Units at Kumarapalayam Green Kavery Dyeing Cluster and Pasumai Cauvery in the Namakkal District
- Project Management Consultant (PMC) for implementation of ZLD based CETP at Virudhunagar, Kariyapatti village
CETP PROJECTS UNDER NAMAMI GANGA PROGRAMME
TWIC has been engaged by the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) under the Ministry of Jal Sakthi, GoI as a consultant, for establishment of 20 MLD CETP at Jajmau Tannery cluster and 5 ZLD CETPs for Mathura, Farrukhabad, Rooma, Bhadohi and Pilkhuwa textile clusters in UP state, India for addressing the pollution caused by the industries on Ganga & Yamuna Rivers. The Detailed Project Reports (DPRs) for the above projects were already submitted and construction of 20 MLD tannery CETP works is under progress.